About the event
Why Tableau Creator Fundamentals?
This course will teach you how to create data visualizations using Tableau Software, from simple to complex ones. Additionally, you'll learn how to combine them in interactive dashboards and stories.
The training's last phase focuses on publishing workbooks and dashboards using Tableau Server, ensuring proper security and settings.
Who can participate?
This training suits anyone working with data, regardless of their technical or analytical background. This includes Business Users, Data Analysts, Data Warehouse Engineers, and Data Engineers.
Duration: 3 days via virtual conferencing, 8 hours per day including breaks.
• Training class with desks and computers (laptops or workstations) with Operating System - Windows 10 or later, OSX 10.10 or later, Tableau Desktop installed.
• Tableau Server and access to Tableau Server for each user in the class.
• Connecting to data - Connection Types, Managing Metadata, Extract vs Live, Data Model (relationships), Q&A
• Visual Analytics (1) - Tableau Desktop Interface, Tableau Concepts, Creating Graphs and Sorting, Column Formatting, Filters, Hierarchies, Groups, Sets and Bins, Formatting, Q&A & Exercise
• Visual Analytics (2) - Analytics Pane, Viz in Tooltip
• Calculated Fields - Date, Logic, Number, String Calculations, Aggregate Calculations, Table Calculations, Working with Parameters, Q&A & Exercises
• Dashboards, Stories, Actions - Dashboard Elements, Building Dashboards and Device Preview, Dashboard best practices, Creating a Story, Tableau Actions, Q&A
• Tableau Server - Publish to Tableau Server, Collaborate with Tableau Server, Ask Data, Q&A & Exercises
Day 1: Connecting to data & Visual Analytics (1)
Day 2: Visual Analytics (2) & Calculated Fields
Day 3: Dashboards, Stories, Actions & Tableau Server
Meet the speakers
Tableau Desktop Specialist & Certified Data Analyst